Facilities selection criteria
- Facility leaders including administration, clinicians, and staff are supportive of graduate nursing education and provide a professional learning environment.
- The types of clients/patients and services offered provide CNS and NP students opportunities for facilitating program competencies, leadership students opportunities for facilitating instructional objectives, and nursing education students opportunities to expand learning about education through experiential learning.
- Leaders of the clinical setting are appropriate role models for students.
- Preceptors are available to support the student’s educational experiences including clinical, leadership, and education appropriate to the student's academic track.
- Standards of care within the facility meet the standards of its accrediting agency and/or reflect the regulatory requirements.
- Physical facilities support the students’ educational needs, e.g., use of examination/consultation room, space for student/preceptor to meet.