For PNP students
- PNP students will complete 525 supervised hours (225 hours in fall and 300 hours in spring semester) of direct patient care in the PNP role to satisfy requirements for graduation and certification eligibility.
- Students may have a few hours of observation to become oriented to the clinical site and preceptor’s workflow. It is important for student and preceptor to understand that the best learning happens while doing, not observing.
- Students should present all patient cases to the preceptor including pertinent historical data, physical findings, differential diagnosis list, and plan.
- The student maintains accurate records of clinical hours on the clinical passport (signed daily by preceptor) and in the electronic clinical tracking database. The student completes a record in this database for every patient encounter. These are reviewed and approved by practicum faculty. Students should not be entering this data while in the practicum setting.
- The student arranges for preceptor's supervision when performing procedures, as appropriate.