Beginning spring 2020 semester, Indiana University School of Nursing is launching a new electronic clinical tracking system called Medatrax. The web-based system will greatly streamline the process of evaluating MSN student clinical experiences and achievement of practice competencies. For those of you who are familiar with Typhon, Medatrax will replace Typhon.
Medatrax is customizable and is applicable to student clinical experiences in all MSN program tracks. We will be using the following system functions.
- Submission and storage of preceptor qualification documents such as CV, certification, and professional license
- Status of clinical site affiliation agreement
- Time log of student clinical hours
- Patient encounter information
- Preceptor clinical evaluations of the student – formative (midterm) and summative (final)
- Student evaluations of preceptors and clinical sites
- Student self-evaluations
- Storage of letters to preceptors documenting service in the preceptor role individualized by student, semester and number of precepted hours
The first time you precept a student using the system, you will receive an email from Medatrax at the start of the semester with your Medatrax user name, password, and instructions. This intuitive system is simple to use. We will provide any support you need in working with or troubleshooting the system.
We believe this system will improve the overall experience for students, preceptors, and faculty. As always, thank you for your time, expertise, and dedication to the students at Indiana University School of Nursing.